But it's Valentine's Day and I'm back, baby!!
The biggest food-related thing that happened since I last posted? I became gluten-free. Who knew?! Long story for another post.
Tonight I posted these pics on Facebook and some friends wanted the recipe. So here you go:
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped - I used one 4-oz. bar of Ghiardelli's
- 1/2 cup butter - not the fake stuff. REAL butter.
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar (plain white sugar is fine if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh whipped cream for garnish
- powdered sugar for garnish
- chocolate covered strawberry for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a heart-shaped silicone (or 8 inch round) cake pan, and dust with cocoa powder.
- In the top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla.
- Temper chocolate mixture slowly into sugar mixture. Then mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.Or as completely as possible until you have to dive head-first into it because it is SO GOOD.
- Garnish with powdered sugar, a dollop (or 3) of fresh whipped cream, and a chocolate-covered strawberry, because you can never have too much chocolate.
Both the 9 year old and 11 year old girls fell in love and giggled through dessert. The hubs decided he wanted to marry me again after almost 14 years. So I'll take that.